We come up with new uses for organic co-products and, in doing so, reduce waste production and the emission of pollutants. We also generate green energy and contribute to a healthy agricultural sector.
With our efforts to realise a waste-free world, we make an important contribution to two of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs are seventeen goals drawn up by the UN in an effort to make the world a better place by the year 2030. We are incredibly proud of our contribution to Responsible Consumption and Production (SDG 12) and Partnerships for the Goals (SDG 17)!
Together we are #MovingCircularityForward
Responsible Consumption and Production.
The motto of this SDG is “produce more with less.” The use of polluting energy sources must be curbed, food waste must be reduced by half and everyone in the world must receive ample information about how to live a green life.
By recovering more than 2,000,000 tonnes of organic resources every year, we already make a significant contribution to SDG 12! As a result of our efforts, fewer pollutants end up in the air, water and soil. We make sure our transport is clean and efficient, e.g. by transporting products over water. We save power with the help of the solar panels on the roof of our head office in Venlo. We use less water by reusing the water in the residual products for animal keeping.
That is not all, however. We do so much more, all of which contributes to SDG 12:
- We promote sustainable consumption and production patterns any chance we get.
- We strive to become a paper-free organisation.
- We reduce food loss and waste in production and supply chains.
- We minimise carbon emissions with the environmentally friendly management of all waste streams throughout their entire life cycle.
- We stimulate major transnational corporations to publish information about sustainability and integrate sustainability principles into their operations.
- We encourage our staff to adopt a sustainable lifestyle.
- We support developing countries by sharing our extensive knowledge about extracting maximum value from co-products (in collaboration with HAS University of Applied Sciences and Wageningen University & Research).
Partnerships for the Goals.
This SDG is all about collaboration. In order to realise the goals, businesses, citizens, government and organisations must join forces. As we are a partner you can rely on, this SDG is perfect for us.
For example, we go to great lengths to support regional and international alliances in the fields of science, technology and innovation. Our partnerships with suppliers, buyers and knowledge institutions are built on a foundation of honesty, integrity and equality. We strive to stimulate sustainable consumption and production patterns in developing countries by sharing our extensive knowledge about extracting maximum value from co-products (in collaboration with HAS University of Applied Sciences and Wageningen University & Research).
That is not all, however. We do so much more, which also contributes to SDG 17:
- We want to raise awareness of the green lifestyle throughout the entire chain.
- We contribute to making sustainable development policies more coherent.
- We strengthen the global partnership for sustainable development, bolstered by collaborations with multiple parties (multi-stakeholder partnerships) and the mobilisation and sharing of knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources.
- We encourage effective partnerships, build upon shared experience and make the most of such networks for the good of all.